Masjid Al Furqaan
27643 Schoenherr, Warren, MI 48088
248-495-8742 • www.quran-institute.org
Founded: May 2005
The Quran Institute of America is an institute designed to teach students of all ages the Quran, the language it is written in, and more about Islam.
There are currently 5 programs running in the QIA: a weekend program for youth and younger students that runs on Saturdays and Sundays, an afterschool program that runs on two weekdays during afterschool hours, a full-time private hifz school that teaches both Quran and core curriculum subjects, a Canton afterschool program located in Canton, Michigan, and a one-on-one Ijaza or Memorization program where adults can be paired off with a qualified teacher so they can learn the Quran.
Quran Institute of America
4430 St James St., Detroit, MI
584-4464 • quran-institute.org
Jazakum Allahu Khairan
By Sheikh. Mostafa Tolba
Dear brothers, sisters, sons and daughters,
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatul Lahi Wa Barakatuh!
Have you ever lived in the dilemma of choosing between your children’s Islamic education and their public education? We hesitate in opting for Quran memorization for our children as we feel it may get in the way of worldly success which we estimate to be the only path for happiness in life. Well, with the will of Allah then with your help we can make our children complete both their education and memorization of the Quran at the same time.
The importance of Quran in our lives and our children’s lives cannot be overstated. Allah SWT is continuously speaking to us through the Quran. The Quran is the human manual written by the creator. To understand how to operate in this life, we need to understand and follow Allah’s commandments that are stated in the Quran.
Our communities in the United States suffer from a scarcity of full-time schools that teach the entire Quran to grade-schoolers. This problem is compounded by the immersion of our kids in public schools that drill into them the love of the material life. The Muslim adults are not in a much better predicament. They are overwhelmed with their everyday taxing lives trying to make ends meet and running chores from day break to sunset if not even further into the night. The Quran Institute of America (QIA) Hifz School is part of our project initiated with the goal of instilling the love and understanding of the Holy Quran. It is a full-time school in which our teachers will assist the students with the home-schooling core curriculum (Math, Science, language art, etc.) in addition to the Quran. Our graduates will grow to love the Word of Allah SWT and adopt it as part of their Muslim American identity. As a school administration, we try to fulfill our responsibility toward our beloved students.
We currently run the following 5 programs:
1. The full time school called the “Hifz School”
2. The After-Hours program (and Canton After-School program) which enables students attending public schools to get enriched in Qur’an Tajweed, Hifz, Islamic Studies and Arabic only.
3. The Weekend School attempts to make it easier for public-school students to get enriched by have an lternative weekend program.
4. The Youth program is a special program that runs currently for 1 hour on Saturday afternoon from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm to enable older teen-aged students to participate in enrichment classes as well as other age appropriate Islamic Studies lessons.
5. The Ijaza program which enables students to get one-on-one Tajweed and Hifz coaching from a member of our certified Hifz instructors.